Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Yield 3 servings
- 6 anchovy fillets (or 1 tbsp anchovy paste)
- 1 garlic clove
- kosher salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 5/8 cup olive oil (1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- Stand mixer
- Chop together anchovy fillets, garlic, and pinch of salt. Use the side of a knife blade to mash into a paste, then scrape into the mixer bowl.
- Add egg yolks and lemon juice to mixer bowl and turn mixer on low.
- Slowly add olive oil while the mixer is running. When complete, the dressing should be thick and glossy.
- Whisk in parmesan cheese and a good amount of pepper. Taste, and season with salt and lemon juice as needed.