French Green Beans and Shallots
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Yield 3 servings
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb green beans cleaned
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp shallots peeled and chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the beans and cover the pot. Continue cooking the beans, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes until tender but firm. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- At serving time, heat the butter in a skillet, add the shallots and saute for about 1 minute, until the shallots start to brown.
- Add the beans, salt and pepper, and saute briefly. Sprinkle with lemon juice.