Instant Pot Chicken Stock
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours
Yield 8 cups
- 2.5 lbs bones from free-range, pastured chickens
- 8 cups water
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp whole black peppercorns
- Instant Pot
- Put the chicken bones in the Instant Pot. Rinse the vegetables and herbs and put them on top of the chicken bones, then add the salt and pepper. Pour in cool water to reach the 10-cup line.
- Set the Instant Pot valve to “Sealed”. Put on and lock the lid. Press the “Manual” button and then use the up arrow to increase the time to 240 minutes. The program will begin ten seconds after you finish pushing the buttons.
- Once the cooking time is over, press "Keep Warm/Cancel". Move the valve to "Venting" to release pressure quickly or allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Remove the lid and let the stock cool for a few minutes, and then strain into heatproof containers. Enjoy right away, refrigerate for up to 3-4 days, or freeze for later.