Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours
Total Time 4 hours 30 minutes
Yield 4 servings
- 2 lb lamb or chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 onions
- 2 red bell peppers
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 serrano pepper
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp tumeric
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat with oil. Once it's shimmering fry the lamb pieces in batches, being sure not to crowd the pan. Once browned, remove to a separate plate.
- Add a bit more oil, then add the onions and bell peppers. Fry until soft (covering will help it cook faster).
- Add back the lamb. Add the diced garlic, seranno pepper, cumin seeds, ground cumin, garam masala, and tumeric. Stir really well to coat everything evenly.
- Cook for about two minutes, then add the cans of diced tomatoes. Stir well, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook with the lid off for 4 hours, stirring it periodically. If it starts to look dry you can put the lid on or add some lamb stock. Keep cooking until the lamb is nice and tender.
- Serve on basmati rice, or cauliflower rice for a low carb option.