Low Carb Gumbo
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Yield 4 servings
- 1.5 cups onions
- 3/4 cup celery
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- 5/3 cup stock divided
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder
- Make the roux by combining holy trinity with butter. Cook until browned.
- Add 1/3 cup of stock and cook out to soften trinity further
- Add slurry, stir, and then add 1 cup of stock
- Add 4 cups of stock, sliced/fried sausage, chicken, and bay leaves. Boil on 7 for 25 minutes.
- Add okra and continue to boil for 15 minutes.
- Mix spices with shrimp. Mix into gumbo, cook shrimp fully.