Sausage, Kale, and Pepper Skillet
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Yield 3 servings
- 6 links Meyer's original sausage
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 16 oz kale greens
- Heat up a large dutch oven over medium-high heat and slice the sausage into rings. Add the sliced sausage to the pan with a bit of olive oil and cook until slightly browned.
- Add sliced red onions and cook for a minute, then add the sliced bell pepper. Cook until the vegetables are softened.
- Add diced garlic, stir and cook for 30 seconds, then add the kale greens. You may need to add it in batches to keep it all in the pan.
- Cook until kale and stems are soft, about 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Optional: Add Sriracha to add a bit of heat.