Keto Shepherd’s Pie
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Yield 4 servings
- 106 g yellow onion
- 128 g carrots
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 lb ground lamb
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp arrowroot flour
- 24 oz mashed cauliflower (2 packages)
- 100 g shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Chop the onion and carrots into small bite-sized pieces.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet, and toss in the onion and carrot. Cover the skillet, and cook until the onions are transparent.
- Add in the ground lamb, salt, pepper, tomato paste, and garlic to the skillet. Cook through until the beef is browned and some liquid has risen. Make sure the beef is broken up.
- Spray a shallow pie tin or some type of oven safe baking dish. Pour in the ground sirloin mix, including some of the juices. Drizzle the worcestershire sauce over the filling.
- Top the filling off with the prepared cauliflower mash, and spread it out with a wooden spoon or spatula. Finally, top everything off with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake the shepherd’s pie for 25 minutes. Set it under a high broiler for 5 minutes to brown the edges and cheese. Serve hot with freshly chopped parsley!