Skillet Chicken and Vegetables
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Yield 4 servings
- 4 chicken thighs with skin and bone
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 lb small red potatoes halved
- 8 boiling onions peeled
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp AP flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Remove skin from chicken pieces and set aside. Sprinkle chicken with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken skin and saute until brown, 3-5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and stir for 2 minutes. Sprinkle vegetables with flour and stir to coat.
- Gradually stir in broth and wine. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken to skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 30-45 minutes