Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Yield 1 serving
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan (broken into two servings)
- 2 bacon slices
- 4 oz linguine pasta
- 2 garlic cloves
- black pepper
- Bring water to a boil, and heat up a pan with a bit of olive oil.
- In a large bowl, mix egg with 1/2 of the parmesan and set aside.
- Add pasta to water. Add bacon pieces to pan.
- After about 5 minutes, add diced garlic to pan and stir in.
- When pasta is al dente (7-8 min total), move pan off the heat, strain pasta, quickly shake water out, then add to large bowl with egg sauce and stir quickly. You want to coat the pasta and the heat of the pasta will warm the eggs. Once coated, pour the bacon and garlic on top and stir. If eggs look watery still, add back to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes (only happens with small pasta like penne).
- Add pasta back to bowl. Add remaining parmesan and stir in. Then add a good amount of black pepper, and serve.